Re: [SUMMARY/PROPOSAL] Orphaning another maintainer's packages

Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> I certainly have no objection to people doing this, but I'm not sure
>> that's really what we're discussing here.  I think the thread is more
>> about the ongoing issue that we seem to have in Debian where the
>> existing procedure for orphaning packages is perceived as too
>> heavy-weight and we believe that there are packages that aren't being
>> cared for, aren't orphaned, and that someone else would work on if the
>> status were clearer.

> It is a proposed solution to the above issue, so it is intimately
> apropos to the discussion at hand in my opinion.

Okay, well, I guess I return to my previous statement, then.  I don't
think your proposed solution will work for the more common cases.  It's
certainly fine for people to try it, though, and I don't think it requires
any changes to any procedures for people to do so.