Re: Poll (was: Popularity of bzr-builddeb and dh-make)

On 17 October 2012 03:05, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2012, at 1:03 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 12, 2012, at 02:22 PM, Benjamin Drung wrote:
>>
>>> How does bzr-builddeb depend on Launchpad? bzr is integrated into
>>> Launchpad, but you can use bzr without Launchpad as every other DVCS.
>>
>> $ bzr branch debianlp:mypackage
>>
>> is one way to use Launchpad with bzr for Debian effectively.  It's certainly
>> not *required*, but often works out pretty nicely.
>
> And how do I use bzr *without* Launchpad when I don't want to?
>
> I'm not against LP per se, but I don't like tools limiting my choices in development that way.
>
> Adrian

Here is documentation on using bzr *without* Launchpad specifically
for packaging:
http://jameswestby.net/bzr/builddeb/user_manual/

Note that none of the tutorial has launchpad in it.

There is one place where it offers you to merge upstream bzr branch +
with pristine-tar delta on top, but that is optional.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.