Re: symlink vs. directory "conflicts"

On 2012-10-04 11:34, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Nope, dpkg does not currently have enough information (missing
> metadata) to know if a path was shipped in the package as a directory
> or as a symlink, and to be able to distinguish between admin modified
> directory←→symlinks. AFAIR there's already a bug report about this kind
> of situation on dpkg.

Does dpkg know the link target that was shipped in the package? I think
at least debsums cannot report modified symlinks ... That's probably
something that should be included dpkg's metadata, too.
(Hmm, M-A: same packages shipping a shared symlink with a different
target - does this fail properly?)

Andreas