where is the DNSSEC root key?

Hello,
 I've started working with DNSSEC and I noticed a quite important
issue. The DNSSEC libraries ask for the root key, but where this file
is located is system specific (meaning no fixed location). Where is
this key located in debian (let's forget the multiple possible
formats)? The dnssec wiki in [0] mentions that the package bind9
contains the key. However this key may be required even without bind9.

My request is, whether there can be a fixed file location similar to
/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt that will contain the DNSSEC root
key either in the bind or the unbound format? That way dnssec
applications could rely on the debian system to update/obtain the key.

[0]. http://wiki.debian.org/DNSSEC

regards,
Nikos