Re: Debian not suitable for SSD due to apt/dpkg?

 ❦  1 octobre 2012 18:26 CEST, Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> :

>> what are the main (ssd related) advantages of running a 3.2 kernel
>> instead of the 2.6.32 from squeeze? (I don't want to run 3.2 due to
>> wlan/intel gfx problems, though last time I tried was three months
>> ago, might been fixed by now.)
>
> For one thing our 2.6.32 kernel doesn't have full discard/trim support
> available, but the 3.2 kernel does.

In case of ext4 over encrypted LVM, does the kernel have all the
discard/trim support? The Debian wiki says that LVM supports trim to
declare unused space with lvresize as an example. Does it include unused
space inside a logical volume?
--
Use variable names that mean something.