Re: Changes to Debian Maintainer upload permissions

[Joachim Breitner]
> Would it be possible to extend the syntax to specify lists of
> packages not by name, but by Maintainer,
> e.g. pkg-haskell-maintainers@l.a.d.o?  Bonus points if such an
> assigment is expanded at dinstall time, so that the statement “DM
> 1234 may upload all packages owned by this group” stays up-to-date
> even if after new packages of this team have been added?

So ... you want to give a DM the ability to NMU any package in the
archive, just by changing the Maintainer field?

While I'm sure such shenanigans would be caught quickly enough and the
DM LARTed, it still doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Peter