Re: Changes to Debian Maintainer upload permissions

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 23.09.2012, 15:59 +0200 schrieb Joerg Jaspert:
> The DM flag (and in future ACL) shows that one trusts that one DM to do
> a good job on that one package. Extending it like "this DM may upload
> all packages of [whateverbiglist]" is just wrong.
>
> > (Of course this is just convenience and can already be achieved by a
> > small script that generates the list of packages.)
>
> Yeah, but please don't. Sillyness like "all of our team packages are
> always for all DMs of us" is really working against the system, IMO.
> If you want people to have upload rights for such large sets, make them
> DD. DM is for people interested in small(er) style maintenance.

I wouldn’t say it is plain wrong; there are certainly exceptions. All
(library )packages by the DHG have identical packaging issues – if
someone is able to do a good job on one of them, he is able to do a good
job of all of them. Also, the real time-consuming work for us is when we
need to upload all >450 packages with no source change, or a trivial
one. I am certainly looking forward to distribute the load not only on
the DDs but also on the DMs.

Greetings,
Joachim
--