symbols file: To hide or not to hide...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: symbols file: To hide or not to hide...
- From: Mathieu Malaterre <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:34:36 +0200
- Message-id: <CA+7wUsyOsEZ+hQtt2kjNzCW9EaFEdaaxWF=LExeBZq6qJjbqwQ@mail.gmail.com>
So I finally managed to get my C++ symbols file generated. However
before shooting myself in the foot, I'd like to know if I need to
generate the symbol file using -fvisibility=hidden or not ? The output
of pkgkde-gensymbols/pkgkde-symbolshelper seems to be drastically
affected by having/not having this compiler flag.
I could not find any explanation in §8.6
Here is my d/rules when using hidden flag: