Bug#688066: ITP: rex -- What do you want to deploy today?
Owner: Mike Gabriel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : rex
Upstream Author : Jan Gehring (krimdomu on GitHUB)
* URL : http://www.rexify.org/
* License : Apache License, Version 2.0
Programming Lang: Perl
Description : What do you want to deploy today?
With (R)?ex you can manage all your boxes from a central
point through the complete process of configuration management
and software deployment.
(R)?ex uses SSH as its default transport layer. So there is no
need to install anything on your servers. You just need a ssh
* Integrates seamless in your running infrastructure.
* No need of an agent. You only need a ssh connection to your server.
* Simple definitions of tasks and profiles
* Currently supports Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Fedora, CentOS, Mageia, OpenSuSE and
other Operating Systems. Read Compatibility List for more information.
* Tasks are written in Perl, so everything is possible. See Perl Guide for a small
introduction to Perl. (Just enough Perl for Rex)