Re: mass bug filing about packages with empty /usr/share/doc/$package/ (no copyright file)?

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 01:57:04PM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 03:12:09PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > I'm afraid I don't have the time right now to thoroughly analyze these
> > logs and report all the bugs, so some help would be welcome.
>
> I'm offering help, but only for part of the work : I could write a perl script
> that periodically scans the logfiles and submits additional bugs.

I have written that script, and I think it's ready for use.

> > Also we should formulate some advice how to fix this issue, probably
> > including some maintainer script snippets. There are several DDs that
> > have already fixed these bugs (thanks!), so they should know how to do
> > this :-)
>
> Maybe this advice can be put on a wiki page and the mass bug filing can point
> to that wiki page, so that additional aspects to give advice on can be added on
> that wiki page.  (But I'm currently not voluteering to write the advice.)

I have opened this wiki page :
http://wiki.debian.org/MissingCopyrightFile

Anyone feel free to write advice on that wiki page.

Regards,

Bart Martens