Re: packaging a tiny/trivial blob in a DFSG-clean way?

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:15:51AM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> So we have the following options:
>
>  1) package just this single file, of 20 bytes long, in a
>    separate Arch:all package, in it's own separate source.
>
>  2) drop ppc support where this file is required.

   3) Just ship the .bin part together with the rest.

I don't see a problem with it not complying with the DFSG, the
source is available and it's possible to build with with something
else in main, just not on all arches.

As far as I know, we don't have a requirement that everything
needs to be build from source, just that we can do it.

Kurt