Re: Need advice about a package installing no files at all

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 02:17:05PM +0000, The Fungi wrote:
> According to the package description, xmess-sdl is now a
> transitional dummy package depending on the new mess package. In
> fact, the unrelated bug report you linked even mentions that. This
> is how package renames are generally supposed to work.

Still it needs to ship a changelog.gz. Which it doesn't.

Even if it linked to the "real" packages changelog(.Debian(.gz
the name should be correct (it ships "changelog") so that the
valid(!) assumption of zless /usr/share/doc/<package>/changelog.gz[1]
 works :)

Regards,

Rene

[1] I think we can assume a transitional package is Debian-only, so
a changelog.gz should be ok here, though a changelog.Debian.gz would
of course be better :-)