Re: Enabling uscan to simply remove files from upstream source

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 05:18:57PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I also considered, but the information of what files are excluded when creating
> the Debian source package is not relevant to upstream.
>
> More simply, I think that if debian/watch would radically change its format to
> YAML or the Debian control data file syntax, it would be a good place for the
> Files-Excluded field.

The copyright file is, as the name suggests, for copyright information.

The watch file is, as the name suggests, for watching for upstream releases.

Can we please just have a new file for a new purpose, rather than overloading
ones that are succinct, single-purpose and consistent?

We can then pick a syntax that fits the problem, rathen than trying to bend and
contort one that doesn't.