Re: Discussion of uscan enhancement 1 (Was: uscan enhancement take 3: script hook)

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 09:04:19AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> the machine-readable format does not mention trailing slashes at the end
> of directory names, and refers to the -path test of the GNU find command,

Good. Having a trailing-slash be meaningful is very confusing. I especially
hate this with rsync, where I now use trailing-slash on dirs exclusively,
since I've memorized the behaviour when you do this and not when you don't.
It frustrates me because foo and foo/ might differ but they are both names
for the same thing - and the behaviour should not differ if the name for
the same thing differs IMHO.

> which will fail with trailing slashes.

I can understand why it would fail, since the argument to path is a pattern
rather than a filename, and it is compared against find's list of paths
which just so happen not to have trailing slashes. Having said that I wonder
if this behaviour could be considered buggy.