Re: Discussion of uscan enhancement 1 (Was: uscan enhancement take 3: script hook)

On 12-08-30 at 11:44pm, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I repost some extract from some private discussion about the
> Files-Excluded enhancement of uscan where Nicolas Boulenguez found
> some issues.  (Nicolas, I hope you don't mind if I quote some of your
> non-private remarks in public.)
>
> Nicolas problem is mainly that if you specify
>
>     "Files-Excluded: foo"
>
> and foo is a directory nothing is removed because the algorithm
> requires to specify rather
>
>     "Files-Excluded: foo/"
>
> I wonder what you might think about this.

My proposal was and still is to keep things simple by reusing the syntax
for Files paragraphs, which has this distinction between files and
directories.

Yes, even if that is not "simple" in every way.

Regards,

 - Jonas