Re: Proposal: Making Debian compiler agnostic

Le mardi 28 août 2012 18:27:23, Ben Hutchings a écrit :

> Are all alternate compilers expected to implement gcc extensions?  Must
> the code be changed to use appropriate '#ifdef __GNUC__' guards?  (And
> what happens the next time gcc adds a new extension...?)

I maintain tcc and it clearly doesn't support all the options gcc support. It
emits a warning for all options it doesn't know. Does that sentence mean that
the user defining CC to another compiler than gcc must make sure it support all
options of gcc?

Best regards.