Re: Advocating the use of RDF for Debian's published metadata - Was: Re: Proposal for additional metadata in Debian archives (DEP-11)

Le Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 05:31:35PM +0200, Olivier Berger a écrit :

> Again, in case you'd doubt it, RDF is just a model, which can be written
> in a number of different formats (not only XML), but the key here is the
> embedded identification of the reference of the ontologies/prefixes
> which render the documents self described and extensible, out of the
> box.
>
> Note that the same rationale stands for all metadata to be eventually
> published on the Web by Debian servers.

Hi Olivier,

I think that this is the key point: what is important is not the format, but
the ontology.  Even in the absence of an implementation for the format,
we should make sure that new terms are not added in our control files without
having checked for prior art, and coordinate accordinlgy.

Is there a simple web page that lists the terms of ADMS.SW ?

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan