Re: About the media types text/x-php and text/x-php-source

Hi Charles, et all.

On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 23:04 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I note that neither Fedora nor Ubuntu systems associate the text/x-php
> and text/x-php-source media types to .php files by default.
>
> Today, a rogue NMU on the mime-support package added these associations in
> Debian.  I intend to revert that change unless there there is a solid
> explanation on why we should single out ourselves from the major distributions
> in our field.

I was so nasty and reopened the bug, for which Ondrej did the NUM
(because this shouldn't go as is in wheezy).

For the reasons outlaid in my comment to the bug, I suggest we use
application/x-php
instead.

Using text/* for scripts/interpreted languages has been deprecated by
IETF.

Cheers,
Chris.