Re: Minified javascript files

On 08/16/2012 08:59 PM, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Aug 16, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> I know this is tedious but what others think about this matter?
> This is another case in which the DFSG has become a religion to be
> followed in a literalist interpretation instead of a tool to be used
> for the purpose of advancing software freedom.

I rarely share Marco's opinion, but this time I do.

A way around removing the files would be to ask upstream to add the original
(big) sources and some way to generate the shipped small files out of them, like
a makefile/whatever which does the job. Then the miniaturized version comes with
their original source (yet another copy of...) and everybody would be happy.