Re: node-like file conflicts

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> So, Simon, if these puzzle names should be qualified to make them more
> unique on the PATH, what formulaic change should be made ?  My
> recommendation would be "sgt-*" on the grounds that that's unlikely to
> conflict, although it might of course end up with your initials on a
> broken or badly-behaved derivative.

"sgt-*" is what I'd have suggested too, since it's the most sensible
abbreviation of the title of the whole puzzle collection.

I hadn't actually considered the risk of crappy derivatives looking
as if I wrote them, but given that they'll probably still be
labelled with my name in places other than their filenames, I don't
think it's something I can get worked up about. Perhaps I shouldn't
have named the whole collection after myself in the first place, but
I couldn't think of a better name at the time and it's too late now.

Cheers,
Simon
--
Simon Tatham         "What a caterpillar calls the end of the
<anakin@pobox.com>    world, a human calls a butterfly."