Re: AArch64 planning BoF at DebConf

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012, Wookey wrote:
> Arm64 everywhere would have been neater but unless someone is
> volunteering for a massive argument and changing upstream gcc and

No way.  it is difficult to do better at this kind of thing than Linus, and
he has already said his piece :-p  It won't be aarch64 in the kernel either,
AFAIK.

> changing it for a while, but have been persuaded, not by ARM, I hasten
> to add :-) that we have more important things to do with our time than
> bikeshed about upstream's funny naming, which does at least have the
> major benefit of being a unique string.)

Yeah, but it did make the world a bit uglier.  Oh well.  It could be worse,
it could be an iArm, or an iLeg, instead of an aarch ;-)

  Henrique Holschuh