Re: bits from the DPL: June 2012

* Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org>, 2012-07-03, 21:24:
Since [OIN][19] was seeking comments on their [Linux System definition][12] (not really openly though: I learned about it last minute from people directly in touch with OIN representatives), I've contacted them proposing to include all "Debian main" packages in their definition. I haven't yet hear back from them, but I doubt they'll accept the idea. It'd be nice to have an official answer about why, though.

Why do we care? What's the point of such definition?

I'm honestly curious.

Jakub Wilk