Re: bits from the DPL: June 2012

* Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org>, 2012-07-03, 21:24:
Since [OIN][19] was seeking comments on their [Linux System definition][12] (not really openly though: I learned about it last minute from people directly in touch with OIN representatives), I've contacted them proposing to include all "Debian main" packages in their definition. I haven't yet hear back from them, but I doubt they'll accept the idea. It'd be nice to have an official answer about why, though.

Why do we care? What's the point of such definition?

I'm honestly curious.

--
Jakub Wilk