Re: Improving our response to "duplicate" packages in Debian

Le jeudi 28 juin 2012 à 16:42 +0200, Guus Sliepen a écrit :
> - Don't immediately start complaining to the submitter of the ITP. Just let
>   the submitter devote his/her energy to packaging.

I don’t think it is worthwile to let people devote their energy to
packaging pet applications that will disappear in 2 years time when they
find another one.

We really need to find better ways to involve new users in core teams,
and that means removing from our collective consciousness the idea that
you come in Debian to package your new favorite piece of software.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :