Re: scim and assorted packages

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 07:30:11PM +0200, Toni Mueller wrote:
> today I received an email from the FTP masters that a pacakge that is
> highly relevant to me, has been pulled from Debian.

Why not name the package in question?  It does not appear to be scim, which is
what you wrote in your subject line.

Looking at the removal log, I see scim-tables was removed today.  I assume you
are referring to it.

> how I can stay at the front of this.

The package was orphaned in February and removal was requested in May[1].  Thus
there was plenty of time to "stay at the front of this" if you had wished to.
I'm pretty sure the PTS[2] shows such actions prominently, and it's a good idea
to visit the PTS page of any package you really care about every once in a
while.

[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/scim-tables.html

I believe it's possible to reintroduce the package if there's a willing and
able maintainer, but it'd need to go through NEW again

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/