Re: Dublin, Ireland bug squashing party

Hi Phillip,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM, Philip Ashmore
<contact@philipashmore.com> wrote:

> It's come to my attention that bug squashing parties are _the_ way to fix
> bugs.
>
> Not to be seen as uncool, I'm proposing a bug squashing party somewhere in
> Dublin, Ireland at a mutually agreed date and time.

That is a great idea! There does not seem to be much local Debian
activity, despite the number of DDs living here, and this is a good
way to help revert that, and help the release!

Have you thought of a place, or talked with anybody about that? I'm
thinking the TOG might be a good place.

> I'm just canvassing for support right now, as I don't know the Debian
> procedure for doing this - or even if there is one.

I'd participate and/or help organise.

> One of the topics/issues/bugs I hope to address is getting my open source
> projects in SourceForge knocked into shape for acceptance into Debian.

> I don't know if that meets the criteria for "party" - maybe a shindig or a
> hootenanny.

I think BSPs usually focus on fixing problems for packages already in
Debian, specially RC bugs. But nobody would discourage you from
working on your packages and getting help from other people doing so!

Tincho.