Re: Introducing http.debian.net, Debian's mirrors redirector
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Introducing http.debian.net, Debian's mirrors redirector
- From: Raphael Geissert <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 03:15:09 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Darren Baginski wrote:>
> Is there other developer involved in development?
> Mind to share data how many 'redirect' were served?
Over 480k requests from APT clients. Not counting apt-cacher-ng and friends,
random users, or the couple of mirrors that "sync" from it.
> Why do you think redirects is a good idea at all?
Please refer to the website, the announcement on debian-mirrors and the
> Am I understand code properly and you spawn perl cgi script per each
> file requested ?
The code is written as a CGI, for now. The live instance uses mod_perl.
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net