Re: CFC: Re: Why is irqbalance package so out of date?

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Irqbalance project has moved to http://code.google.com/p/irqbalance/
> > The current Debian package is back at 0.56 (over 2yrs old)
> > and upstream is now at version 1.0.3

> This is another example (of many) on how old-fashioned the Debian
> package maintainer system is! Please upgrade to something modern, that
> brings us (users) the best and the latest (stable) software for the
> Debian releases! We are worth stable software, and the latest possible
> (not-buggy) upstream versions too! With wheezy.

> CFC is an abbrev for Call For Comments (maybe not current standard)

since demanded (although it is appropriate for debian-users@, not
for debian-devel@):

the correct course of action was:

    reportbug irqbalance

and filing a wishlist level bugreport.

Now there is already #677669 so no further bugreporting is necessary.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences