Re: Idea: mount /tmp to tmpfs depending on free space and RAM

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 06:37:18AM +0200, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
Learning not to use /tmp to place large files. Setting TMPDIR=/home/tmp

/tmp is for temporary files, and I expect to place files there as large as the partition is. I am not interested in analysing the files in what temporary directory they belong today.

Besides if you set TMPDIR to /home/tmp, you don’t need /tmp at all, no matter if tmpfs or not. If you want a system tmp create one and set TMPDIR for these system services.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |