Re: Planned changes to Debian Maintainer uploads

On 06/12/2012 12:24 AM, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ian Jackson wrote:
>>>  - It allows DMs to grant permissions to other DMs.
>>
>> It is far from clear that forbidding this is the right thing to do.
>
> As far as I know, we did this intentionally. When a DM is the maintainer
> of a package, they should be able to move it to team maintenance without
> needing to find some DD who cares about the package, who may not exist.
>
> I've never heard of this being abused.

Me neither.
I've even seen various cases where one of the uploaders of a package with
various uploaders (from a team...) got DM upload permissions and the other team
members became DMs later - obviously they got the same permissions then as soon
as they were in the Keyring.

Which bad things happened that we have to change the current process?