Re: Summary: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useless

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:31:21PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Well, nice to hear, but I thought, discard was needed in all layers,
> so in my example in LUKS, then in LVM and then in the filesystem. Or
> is his only a function you activate via hdparm?
It's available in all layers, but as Tollef said it's manual. (In crypttab most likely, because that's commonly the lowest layer.)
You need to enable it in all layers (fstab, crypttab, lvm.conf), yes.

Ah, thank you for your explanations. But the documentation doesn’t sound encouraging. „man crypttab” gives a security warning and „man mount” says, this option is not sufficiently tested yet.

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |