Re: this bug .. bugs me

On 06.06.2012 20:08, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 06/06/2012 04:36 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> Even better, maintainers can prevent this kind of things from happening
>> by opening up *by default*, allowing commit to package maintenance Vcs
>> to all DDs, and documenting that commits there are welcome as long as
>> they follow some house rules.
>>
> Technically, is there a way to allow write access to all DDs on an
> Alioth Git repo, but not to anyone without upload rights?

That's collab-maint. All developers have automatically commit access to
it. This includes many non-DDs accounts too, who have applied explicitly
into collab-maint, but so what? A commit can be reverted easily and
people who abuse their rights probably won't have write access to
collab-maint for a long.

I fail to see why we would need /another/ repository for DDs only. You
know we welcome everyone [1] apparently.

[1] <20120606151810.GJ4839@camblue.cbg.collabora.co.uk>

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll