Re: this bug .. bugs me

On Wed 06 Jun 2012 15:16:26 Steven Post escribió:
[snip]
> Reading this I assume ia32-libs will be removed from Debian (with which
> I completely agree btw), what about packages outside of Debian that
> currently depend upon ia32-libs? To name a certain package: skype. Its
> AMD64 package from the official website depends on it.
> Can we work around this somehow? I'm in no way affiliated with upstream
> here, but looking at their particular history I don't expect any update
> soon with a proper solution.

Disclaimer: I'm not througly following multiarch stuff.

Well, if Debian removes ia32-libs and friends, most surely Ubuntu will follow
(if not there already). Then I think those third parties who depend on it
should start thinking about doing the correct thing: release a new package.

My two cents, Lisandro.

--
9: Que es el "Explorador" de Windows
    * El tipo que le roba las ideas a MacOs