Re: Idea: mount /tmp to tmpfs depending on free space and RAM

On 06/02/2012 10:11 PM, Serge wrote:
> First, there can be rather large session directory, you probably don't
> want ~365595 files to be always eating your RAM. Second, session data
> MUST NOT be lost on reboot by default. So even without /tmp, sysadmin
> should not put session data on tmpfs. There're different admins, however...

Which may be one of the reasons php saves,by default since Squeeze,
sessions in:
/var/lib/php5

Also, I would strongly suggest admins to separate each site's session
storage into a different place, inaccessible from other sites (and best
is even to chroot all sites running on the same server if possible).

Thomas