Re: Starting services automatically after install

On Sunday 03 June 2012 08:46:21 Chow Loong Jin wrote:

Hi,

> On 03/06/2012 11:23, Aaron Toponce wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 10:43:00PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> >> Are you seriously suggesting that DHCP and SSH servers should not listen
> >> on external interfaces by default?  The use case for SSH or DHCPd on
> >> localhost only is pretty small.
> >
> > I would much rather have DHCP listening on localhost, than competing with
> > an already existing DHCP server on the LAN.
>
> Is there even a point in having DHCP listening on localhost?

In the context of internal VLAN, listening on 127.0.0.1 would nicely serve
your guests, provided of course each VM is configured to use different MAC
address (just a data point, I'm not arguing how popular is that use case).

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>