Re: Maintainer responsible for or only doing maintenance?

On 06/02/2012 04:59 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> They are tied to the source package, this is bad because people's
> commitment to and responsiblity for packages changes over time
> independent of source package uploads.

There's another thing that bothers me currently. If I do:

apt-cache show $package | grep Maintainer

in the stable distribution, I can see who was the last person who
was declared as the maintainer of a package before Stable was
released. This gives very few hints on who is the *actual*
maintainer of a package. Somebody without much experience might
rapidly get fooled and write to the wrong email address.

I'm not sure what's the solution. Maybe having "apt-cache show"
to replace the Maintainer field by a link to packages.debian.org
or something like that...

Thomas