Re: Orphaning php-codesniffer, then take it over by the PHP PEAR team

On 01.06.2012 21:49, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Jonas Smedegaard
>
> Hiya,
>
>> I am genuinely interested in understanding the reasons for labeling
>> sponsoree rather than sponsor as maintainer.  Could you (or anyone)
>> elaborate on that?
>
> If I'm sponsoring a package, it means I've checked that its quality is
> good enough that I consider it a worthwhile addition to Debian.  I'm not
> doing the actual maintenance, I'm reviewing parts of the maintenance
> being done, and so giving me the maintainership would be wrong.  There's
> both the «who should you talk to about this package» as well as
> crediting the person who's doing the actual legwork.

Nod. This is basically the same I do when sponsoring a package. I
carefully review the package before the upload and that's about it.
I don't keep track of bugs that are filed against this package nor do I
start maintaining it / feel responsible for it.
If my upload fucked up other packages or created a mess in an ongoing
transition, then of course I would feel responsible sorting this out
together with the maintainer. But in the usual case a sponsored upload
is a one-time thing ( I do have regular sponsoree's though)

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?