Re: Maintainer responsible for or only doing maintenance?

On 06/01/2012 05:19 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I don't know if this is all explicitly written down anywhere, but it's
> certainly my feel of the general consensus and social expectations of the
> people who discuss this sort of thing on debian-mentors.

I don't know if what you pretend is written somewhere, but
at least I know one place where it's written the exact
opposite of what you are claiming (it took me quite some
time to remember where I read it...):

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What_if_I_upload_a_package.2C_and_then_my_mentee_disappears.3F

And specifically:
"Having said that, this does create some extra work for people who
decide to work on QA."
Then later:
"maintainers and packages enter and exit Debian; it's part of a life
cycle. It's okay to upload mentees' packages knowing that you risk
going through an orphaning/adoption process later."

So, here, we have the wiki page from mentors.debian.net (which
is not authoritative, I admit) that says the exact opposite thing
of what you are telling (it says that an unmaintained package
would go to the QA team), and nothing in the policy or in the
developer's reference that agree with you.

Without taking any side, either you or the mentors.d.o wiki page
is wrong.

Thomas