Re: May be ITP: mime-support-extra to close #658139 (Was: Breaking programs because a not yet implemented solution exists in theory)

Hi,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:56:50PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> On 31.05.2012 21:35, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > In any case the idea is to collect issues of broken mime support where
> > maintainers are unable / not willing to respect Debian policy 9.7.
> > Adding more entries is simple:  Just add the according mime file as
> > <pkg>.mime and add <pkg> to "Enhances" in debian/control.
>
> I don't think adding such a package is a good idea. It's just an ugly
> work-around.

Fully ACK.  That's why the first of the option what could be done was to
leave it as local package and do not upload it officially.

> In http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=497779 there is
> already a patch by brian m. carlson. Any effort regarding this issue
> should be spent getting this patch ready and applied to mime-support.

I would consider the severity of this bug to low considering that
several applications are broken if we will not fix this problem before
the next stable release.  Is there anything which prevents an upload of
this fix?  If there would be no soonish upload I'd consider increasing
the severity to make sure it will not be forgotten somehow.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de