Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs is fine

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 01:59:24AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
I don't recall that being common practice on any multi-user Unix-like
system I've used.  (It's also not something a Windows user would expect,

Well, it was back in my university days, and it still is where I work. Maybe „multi-user” is wrong, but telling other user that the ISO lies on my system in /tmp is much easier than to tell them a location in my $HOME and to make sure they can access ist.

as they already get per-user temporary directories.)

One of the first things I do after a Windows installation is to create c:\temp. ;-)

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |