Re: Packages still in experimental but removed in unstable

Hi

On Sunday 27 May 2012, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I generated a list of source packages which have been removed from
> unstable, but are still kept into experimental for some reason. I
> excluded those which seem maintained, and generated a dd-list of the
> remaining ones. I will file removal bugs for them within the end of
> June if nobody claims they should be kept around.
[…]
> Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org>
>    misdn-kernel

This package is obsolete, mISDN has been merged into the mainline
kernel in 2.6.27 (and it's close to imposssible that this ancient
version still compiles against a kernel from squeeze or wheezy).

>    misdn-user
[…]

To work with the final in-kernel mISDN subsystem, an update to
mISDNuser >= 2.x would be required[1], as the userspace API of the
mISDN kernel subsystem has changed to a socket based one before it
could get merged mainline. While it might make sense to update/
overhaul this package for unstable, the current version in experimental
definately can't work with anything newer than lenny.

Disclaimer: I can't speak for the maintainer and haven't actually
tested mISDN in a long time.

Regards
	Stefan Lippers-Hollmann

[1]	http://www.misdn.org/index.php/MISDN_Release_Notes