Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useless

Salvo Tomaselli dixit:

>tmpfs will make it stay forever in the RAM, caches are flushed to disk and
>their space can be used for new things.

For sane values of “forever”, usually a second of so.

As long as there’s a way to change it¹, please don’t optimise
for the uncommon behaviour.

① tmpfs can be changed. Dropping file-rc compatibility or
  SCC architectures to optimise for Poettering crap or amd64
  cannot be changed that easily, and thus my “please” doesn’t
  apply to those. Just to have that said as well.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt