RE : Re: why do people introduce stup^Wstrange changes to quilt 3.0 format

gitpkg with quilt hook is very nice.

Have a branch with debian change, one for patch queue, one for upstream

Use git cherry pick for porting patch

I use it for imagemagick

Will post my workflow tomorrow I post from my phone, sorry for top post and brievety

Bastien

Le 21 mai 2012 02:56, "Marco d'Itri" <md@linux.it> a écrit :

On May 18, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> I do this work in cases where keeping the patches...

Some of my packages have 30-60 patches ("mature" software...), and
merging them would make them impossibile to understand.
Is there a VCS workflow which would make such packages easier to manage
than with quilt? (I like quilt, BTW.)

--
ciao,
Marco