Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> writes:
> accomplish as the superuser.) What I wonder, though, is if it is
> universally true that ordinary users will always have write access to a
> USB key they've just inserted. Under what circumstances will they not?

At least in default debian and ubuntu systems they don't have such write
access.

ubuntu uses the usb-creator package to provide a dbus api that allows
normal users to create usb installation media. (It carefully checks that
you can not write to the internal hard disk).