Re: udeb and data.tar.xz files?

On 2012-05-14 22:01, Ted Ts'o wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:51:43PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
>>
>> Lintian is outdated (#664600) and the fix has been commited to the git
>> repository[1]
>
> I saw a bug report requesting that packages that failed the lintian
> udeb-uses-non-gzip-data-tarball check should be summarily rejected.
> Did this actually get implemeted on the ftp server?  i.e., do I need
> to wait until the new version of lintian gets propgated out to the
> debian servers, or if I'm in a hurry, hack dh_builddeb to generate a
> udeb that doesn't use data.tar.xz?
>
> I just want to know what my options are.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 						- Ted

Hi,

To be honest, I was my understanding the auto-reject had been
temporarily disabled.  However, according to [1] it appears to still be
active.

If you are in a hurry, dh_builddeb should work.  Otherwise, I believe
the ftp-masters can manually accept a package that would have been rejected.

~Niels

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/static/lintian.tags