Re: etc-overrides-non-etc configuration file model [Re: RFC: OpenRC asInit System for Debian]

On 05/11/2012 04:21 AM, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> Advantages I mentioned earlier would still be there:
> It's easier to see what is local non-default configuration. Original
> default file is always available in a known location (and very easy to
> revert to, temporarily for testing or permanently).
As I wrote to you *already*, the place where to put such
default configuration to keep it from being overwritten
is /usr/share/doc/<$package>/examples.

Many packages are doing this, for example:
/usr/share/php5/php.ini-production (which is the exact same
file as /etc/php5/apache/apache2/php.ini).

I'm ok with discussing things, but you are repeating
yourself, and forcing others to do the same. That's
annoying and not moving to the right direction.

Thomas