Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On May 11, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:

> > Wrong: since you have to copy the whole file to override it, and files
> > in /lib have no conffiles handling, after an upgrade you will not know
> > what was changed by you and what was changed upstream.
> I think everyone here agrees with that. The interesting case is when
> files in /etc/ can either explicitly include the /lib file, or
> implicitly override the /lib settings.
I do not know about any package which work this way, but there is any
then the problem is not different from packages which support multiple
configuration file fragments in /etc, ship the default configuration
in /etc and allow it to be modified by other configuration fragments in
/etc (e.g. Apache).

--
ciao,
Marco