Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

Le dimanche 29 avril 2012 à 18:45 +0100, Roger Leigh a écrit :
> As a
> trivial example: systemd creates user session information in
> /run/user/$user .  I brought up with lennart the fact that this would
> only permit one session per user.  He rejected out of hand the fact
> that more than one session would ever be needed, because Gnome only
> allowed one session per user.  So the limitations of Gnome in this
> respect have led to a fundamental limitation in systemd's session
> management.

There hasn’t been such a limitation in GNOME for years.

OTOH, there is a *design choice* in GDM 2.30+, which is to switch users
to a new session instead of starting a new one. This choice is
consistent with any thinkable reasonable use of a workstation (except
for testing purposes, but a production system should not be tailored for
testing requirements).

Making the same design choice in systemd is consistent with this, but it
is way too restrictive for a low-level component, which could be used by
many other things than the display manager. In any case it is completely
unrelated to GNOME.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :