Re: switching from exim to postfix

On Apr 29, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

> > What kind of disruption are you thinking about?
> Existing users who are familiar with Exim and who would get Postfix on a
> new install and be surprised.
This does not really look like a big surprise.
If somebody is familiar enough with Exim to modify the default configuration
then I think it is safe to assume that he also knows how to install the
package.

> The giant endless flamewars on debian-devel required to make a decision to
> change anything.  :)
IIRC, last time we discussed this I think that even the exim maintainers
were in favour of the change...

--
ciao,
Marco