Re: The future of non-dependency-based boot

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 05:16:36PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Adam Borowski]
> > Am I supposed to fetch a copy of initscripts and manually compare
> > scripts it ships with those on 'dpkg -L initscripts'?  Or is there
> > some other obscure way?
>
> Try this one instead:
>
>   dpkg-query -W -f='${Conffiles}\n' initscripts | grep obsolete

Yeah, this one helps, thanks.

Could sysv-rc show this output upon a failure to migrate?  Knowing you need
to delete /etc/init.d/bootlogd, /etc/init.d/stop-bootlogd-single and
/etc/init.d/stop-bootlogd would provide the user with straightforward info
of what needs to be done.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple