Re: Standard C Library complance test suite

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 08:02:32PM +1100, Peter Miller wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm looking for a Standard C Library compliance test suite.  I'd prefer
> an open source one, preferably with a license more liberal than GPL,
> e.g. BSD or MIT, which is why I can't just use the tests in the glibc
> sources.
>
> Can anyone suggest projects that I should look at?

So, I'm curious here: why would you need a non-copyleft license for a
*test suite*?  The test suite is, after all, meant to test for
compliance in a C library.  Just because the test suite is copyleft
doesn't mean that your C library has to be.  The only thing it means is
that you'd have to release modifications to that compliance test suite
*if* you distribute the compliance test suite it to others.

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //